Monday, August 16, 2010

fun fun weekend in norman!

good morning, readers!  this weekend was so much fun being back in my hometown with my wonderful wonderful family & a few friends too.

when i arrived on thursday, we had a delicious onion burger at red horse grill.  then i got to lay out with miss rAshley (ryan & ashley, we call them Rashley & rAshley).  then to classics with nora!  the rest of the family got in sporadically throughout the evening.


friday was pictures pictures pictures for my dad's state senate campaign.  long but super fun day.  when pictures were over for me, i got to go with the porters to pick justin up at the airport & hang out with beaubie and his adorable little puppy & see the beautiful new house.  fun times with the in-laws.   friday night involved a LOT of chinese food, my first win EVER at monopoly (yay!!  even though i so did not want to play.  thanks for the encouragement, aron), & a little bit of cooking for the next evening's event.
on saturday, julie & i had a super yummy iced latte from the gray owl!  we did a little sooner shopping on campus.  every good ou girl must get a new game day tee.  & i picked up a couple of ou things for blakey & his super awesome bar.  we might have driven by the kappa house while all of the cute rushees were falling in love with kkg.  then to a delicious lunch at ted's with my mom!!  great times.  we spent the afternoon cooking & cooking & reading my new book (the help by kathryn stockett - great so far).  this event i reference is a dinner & wine pairing hosted by my dad & ruth each year to benefit the osma with amazing food & fabulous wine pairings. it is a fun event for the family to get together to prepare & entertain.  i didn't do much myself, but i did enjoy some delish food & wine.  i did get to enjoy a lovely evening at blu with armstrong & nora!  sweet potato fries...sammy playing in the nfl...wonderful people.  happy happy evening.




fabulous fabulous weekend!  & everything on my oklahoma to do list was accomplished!  

what were your fun doings this weekend?

love love,
kjp.

2 comments:

  1. i'm reading the help too! or rather, i carry it around everyday but haven't started. i'm excited to finally start though, i've heard great things!

    it was great seeing you!! i miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in addition to all of the above mentioned activities I read half of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I feel the same way about this book as I did about the movie Inception: too much hype. It's not bad if you can get through the first hundred pages of set-up, but it definitely won't change your life.

    It sure was great to see the whole fam. I only wish I had time to visit all my favorites in Norman!

    ReplyDelete