Monday, August 30, 2010

intern party!

the greatest OBGYN party was this weekend - the intern party!  interns, residents, attendings, & spouses all gathered at a beautiful house in mountain brook to celebrate the new class with wine & cheese, appetizers, & sweets!  the party & the people were absolutely wonderful.  one of the most adorable older docs "told me a funny" about my husband - a phrase my grandfather uses all of the time.  big 12 & SEC football were discussed at length, including our joint dislike for florida & mr. tebow's jorts.  our puppies were a highlight in convo, as always.  & our secret or not-so-secret desire to see step up 3D was revealed.  fabulous party.  fabulous people.

my lovely & amazing husband volunteered me to make desserts for the party... for 50 people.  so i took the afternoon off from my job & got to work.  it took so much longer than expected & i had a few slip ups (luckily the coffee maker wasn't plugged in when i spilled water all over the counter & luckily i didn't actually like that pillow i dropped black frosting onto), but it was seriously a grand task!  tanky & i laughed all the way through & enjoyed every crazy moment.

the menu:
my favorite super moist lemon cake with my dear friend emily's buttercream frosting.
my first attempt at red velvet from scratch cupcakes with an always yummy creamcheese frosting.
& my husband's all-time favorite dark chocolate brownies with a pecan twist. 

the beginning: 

the lemon cake with buttercream:

 

  
the red velvet & creamcheese cupcakes:



 the dark chocolate + pecans brownies:

the beautiful black & white display:

my super cute husband:

the UAB OBGYN interns:

hope your weekend was lovely!
love love,
kjp.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desserts are incredible...I don't think you need to go to culinary school! So glad you had fun... believe it or not you will end up even closer to your residency clan than to your medical school mates. Such good memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, these look soooo good! wanna send some to oklahoma? k thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress, Kendall! Where is it from??

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you thank you thank you!!

    i promise to make delicious treats when i am back in the ok.

    dress is from anthropologie. it is not good news having one in my city! ok, maybe fabulous news for me & less fabulous for my bank account :) good thing my husband is awesome & suggested it himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KENDALL--The spread on this was fabulous. Absolutely beautiful! I am especially in love with the black and white damask cupcake covers...where in the world did you find those!? So, so cute. I've been a little slow on all of blogs lately...been out of town. So expect a few comments now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hobby lobby :) total cheat. but i made the brownie flag stickers!

    & thank you so much!! it was so fun. so so fun.

    ReplyDelete