Wednesday, July 21, 2010

wedding wednesday # 2 - they make me smile.

one thing most wedding blogs have in common is their "it's all about the details" mantra.  but you know what, i disagree.  completely.

when you are planning your wedding, remember through ever single moment that it is actually all about you & your soon-to-be husband, about your love, about the day when God makes two people become one.  it is absolutely not all about the details.

so when you start stressing about all of the things you have left to do, remember it's not about that.  you only need a few small "details" to make you smile for years to come.

these are the little things from our wedding that bring a smile to my face every time i remember them, & not a one of them brought me any stress.

1.  fuchsia. kate spade. pumps.


enough said.

2. these cake toppers stole my heart from the moment i saw them on etsy.  [cotton bird designs]  they totally had me at "hello".


3. my "something blue" from meg guess.  it has our monogram & our wedding date.  so special.



4. the most last minute detail that almost didn't happen but am so happy my sister said i had to.  (especially because all it involved was ordering.  thank you for doing that too, julie byrd :)


fellas drinking out of pink cups.  very little is better than that.

so promise me you will remember:  DO NOT STRESS ABOUT THE DETAILS.  it's about you & the love of your life saying "i do"!  everything else is just details.

love love,
kjp.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to edit this...But...

    I could not agree more!!! It's not about how fancy, how detailed or how glitzy your wedding is--it's about getting MARRIED!!! And it's really only one day... the best part is about all of the days and years that come after the wedding hullabaloo is over--that's the most fun! It's the everyday stuff that I love :)

    But, yes. Seeing people (men) drinking out of those pink cups was awesome. Especially toward the end of the night when Tristan was hoarding them and taking ALL of them off of the tables to take them home. It was hilarious!

    Wait, what???? I didn't take one home... Okay, yes I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the cake toppers and absolutely adore etsy.com!

    ReplyDelete