Thursday, May 24, 2012

thankful thursday - just go.

blakey & i have been going to a young couples' bible study through our church on tuesday nights.  it's been a fun way to meet new people our age around birmy.  one girl & i have had a great time chatting & getting to know each other more.  & tuesday night, she invited me to her & her husband's house to get a little xbox dance central on with them & their friends.

it. was. fantastic.

{my new friend brooke is on your right.
& her friend katie is on the left.
katie is a dancer.  & she is really good at dance central.}


have you ever played??  i had not.  & i was a little nervous i was going to be horrible.  but i somehow wasn't all that bad!  & really, it doesn't matter whether you are bad or are not.  it is so much fun.  the best is watching people dance without watching the screen.  soooo funny.  & so awesome.  it was a fabulous evening.

let me back up & say, i really did not want to go to small group this week.  i was tired.  & blake hasn't been able to go in a couple of months.  & i just wanted to go to bed.  but i kept having this inkling telling me to go.  so i went & got my hair cut & i thought "if i get finished in time, maybe i'll go."  so i was finished in time.  & the guy actually styled my hair pretty cute, so i figured i may as well see people since my hair was done, so i went.

clearly, if i hadn't gone to small group, my friend wouldn't have asked me to join in the gathering.

so i'm thankful.  i'm super thankful for my new friend.  & thankful for a super fun evening.  & thankful for that little inkling tell me to just go.

i hope you can think of something today for which you are thankful.

love love,
kjp.

ps maybe blakey & i will have to get an xbox or wii, so we can have dance central parties...

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful God gave us sleep. He could have just made energy fruit or something. But He devised this thing where you lie down and go unconscious for a time. Sometimes you see movies in your head (granted, sometimes they are horror flicks), sometimes you get to exercise while unconscious (wait, why is THAT on my thankful page? oh yes…that way I don’t have to do it while awake), sometimes you remember absolutely nothing.


    cheap homes for sale

    ReplyDelete