Tuesday, February 21, 2012

it's my birthday {celebration}!!


my birthday celebration began this weekend!!  & it was fabulous.

on saturday night, blakey took me to gianmarco's for an amazing dinner.  this italian gem just opened a wine bar behind the restaurant that is even cozier than the front restaurant.  you sit at big wine barrel tables, have a little open air from the patio, & are surrounded by delicious wine.  & the best part - you can purchase a bottle of wine at their retail price for dinner with a small 20% corking fee.  perfect!

rombauer chardonnay at a reasonable price.  so happy.

as for my meal, i could not stray from my favorite there either.  veal piccata scaloppini with white wine, lemon, butter, & capers.  i ate every.single.bite.  oh, it was delicious.

& a gigantic thank you, dad, for hosting our birthday dinner!!

after a wonderful birthday dinner, blakey & i celebrated again at brunch on sunday morning.  one of our dear friends, elyse, also is a february birthday, so matt & elyse, ogden & amy, and blakey & i had a birthday feast at the jazz brunch at veranda on highland

this meal was so lovely too.  you know about the south's love for chicken & waffles, right?  well, veranda does one better - duck & waffles with dried cherry jus, a poached egg, & hollandaise.

we ate like kings this weekend.  & celebrated even more.

happy birthday week to me!!!  thank you all for celebrating with me!

love love,
kjp.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum. I don't even eat meat and my mouth is watering. Maybe for Rombauer.

    Happy-its-five-days-until-your-birthday-Day!

    ReplyDelete