Thursday, July 14, 2011

thankful thursday # 25.

if i had to name one meal as my favorite meal in the whole world, it would be my grandmother's biscuits & gravy.

{from my recent trip to oklahoma}

probably like you, i am positive my grandma is the best cook in the world.  i remember going to grandma & grandpa's house and eating a huge spread of food each time she cooked.  from fabulous biscuits & gravy and breakfast sausage to fried catfish & chow chow to green beans from her garden with little pieces of bacon to her pecan pie {THE best pecan pie in the world} to a beautiful barbie birthday cake with homemade ice cream & probably a cookie or two because the cake & ice cream just weren't enough.

she is the best.  & my grandpa is amazing too... especially because he believes she is the best as well.

today, i am thankful for them.

& i'm thankful for our chef at work making his rendition of biscuits & gravy yesterday morning, reminding me of my grandma & grandpa.  his, of course, was not my grandma's, but it was really good.

{i had to take a bite before i could take a picture.}

today, i hope you can think of something for which you are thankful.

love love,
kjp.

No comments:

Post a Comment