Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a better bowl?

i want your suggestions...

williams-sonoma melamine mixing bowls are fantastic.  they are pretty & stackable & pourable & nonslip when mixing.


HOWEVER, these little suckers are slippery when you are washing/drying them & are really really breakable.

i've broken two bowls, thus losing two full sets in my life.  & my wonderful & amazing husband dropped & shattered one last night while being awesome & doing our dinner dishes.

certainly there is something better out there.  what mixing bowls do you love?

love love,
kjp.

3 comments:

  1. well, you know my pyrex mixing bowls were wedding presents 37 years ago and i haven't broken one (knock on wood)... they will be yours someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i love those bowls!!!! that is so freakin awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting to give my new bowls a fair trial before commenting.

    I LOVE my Sur la Table bowls that you got me for my birthday.

    The good: many sizes, so I can always find the perfect one. fantastic color that really makes the food look even more delicious. very lightweight.

    The bad: not padded on the bottom so they are loud when you set them down empty and no pour spouts, but I am learning to pur with even more confidence.

    ReplyDelete