Friday, February 25, 2011

happy day before my birthday :)

people always tell me that "when i get older" i will be less excited about my birthday.  they say i will be more worried about getting older.  i always tell them this isn't true.  & here is a great insight as to why i am still excited about my birthday:

every year, you will trade a little of your perfect skin & your ability to look great without exercising for wisdom & peace & groundedness, & every year the trade will be worth it.  i promise.

{mrs shauna neiquist of bitterness}

some of my birthday favorites throughout the years...

{my first legal drink :)}

{no birthday is complete without my mom's birthday lasagna.}

{21st birthday in vegas with my dad & sister!}

 {22nd birthday @ club rodeo.  of course.}

 {23rd birthday celebration at work.
the beginning of barbie birthday cakes!}

{24th birthday work celebration.
pink & pearls office decorations!
yessss.}

{25th birthday celebration with a big fat chicken fried steak.
that is my kind of birthday meal.}

so happy birthday to me & happy getting older to all of us.

love love,
kjp.

5 comments:

  1. I also have that passage highlighted.

    Happy day before your birthday sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote! Makes me feel better! Happy almost birthday little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the third birthday of yours in which you have been a friend in my life. So thankful to have met my beautiful neighbors and to have made friends out of them. Missing you this February and hoping you have a fabulous birthday....as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Kendall! I wanted to pass along the "Versatile Blogger" and "Stylish Blogger Award" to you. I love reading your blog and seeing all your amazing culinary works. You can find instructions about the award on my page at: http://quinceetaylor.blogspot.com/search/label/awards. Hope you have a great bday!

    ReplyDelete