Tuesday, January 11, 2011

christmas @ my dad's!


christmas # 2 in the great state of oklahoma was at my dad's! 

most of my day was spent baking a devil's food chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream & chocolate ganache.  {it was yummy.}  ruth made a fabulous osso bucco, meaning "bone with a hole" - a fan-freakin-tastic veal shank.  the boys did their part watching football & sampling the appetizers :)


the beller/stanley clan waited for blakey & me to get home to open presents!  we had a great time.  my dad received his annual trivia calendar - a tradition since julie & i were very small.  each year, he keeps the ordering information just in case we forget to get it for him.  

our big huge present was a vintage ou football canvas!  it is the cover to the 1956 ou/texas program.  so awesome!

{playing with my new camera.
more on that to come.}

{my dad loves santa claus.
when we were little, 
julie would go around the house each christmas
& count the number of santa clauses.
i believe the biggest year was 167.}

{love you, dad!}

happy christmas.

love love,
kjp.

2 comments: