Wednesday, September 8, 2010

wedding wednesday #9: the byrd bridal shower!

my first bridal shower was hosted by the lovely friends of the mother of the groom.  these women know how to put on a party.  they have huge hearts & beautiful ideas to make anything fabulous.  as my husband & i refer to each other as "byrds" or "byrdies", the shower was perfectly titled the "the byrd shower".



these absolutely amazing cupcakes were created by my favorite baker in the world, Amy Cakes.  seriously, have you ever seen a cuter cupcake??

how fabulously amazing is this idea?  momma t {with a little help from m.press} designed these super cute coffee sleeves with blue byrds & "the porters"!  love it.  we still have a few of them.  & use them.  & love them.

the gorgeous hostesses, minus one.

opening gifts with my big sister/best matron of honor ever & my mom.  how excited am i about this pillow?

...even more excited about the bedding!

haley, my wonderful friend & bridesmaid, worked diligently on my bow bouquet!  nice work, friend!  it is HUGE!

the lovely hostesses in their hostess gifts!  more on these to come in later wedding wednesdays.  a fantastic etsy find...

the first bridal shower was such a neat experience.  so great to see our wonderful friends & so so blessed by their friendship & generosity.  thank you, hostesses.  thank you, friends.

love love,
kjp.

2 comments:

  1. These wonderful women who I am lucky to call my best friends have the biggest hearts in the world and their joy in celebrating the love you & blake have for each other was evident in the wonderful shower. Thank you Lee, Mary, Karen, Katrina, Jonella, Lori, Teresa and Dawna!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an honor to be a part of Kendall and Blake's wedding festivities! Such a fun time for me to be involved with this terrific group of gals!

    Lovely day, great shower and LOVE THOSE APRONS!

    Thanks for the sweet post Kendall,
    Momma T

    ReplyDelete