Tuesday, September 7, 2010

love my pumpkin spice latte.

happy short week, my friends!  we hope you had a fantastic labor day & long weekend.  did you get to do anything fun?

two of my favorite things happened this weekend:  1.) opening weekend of oklahoma football!  not a great showing from our sooner boys, but it was a win & was so great to watch football all.weekend.long.  2.) the return of the pumpkin spice latte at SB.

i love this drink.  i even understand that i work at a super-hip, way better than the big bad corporation coffee shop & we have way way better espresso & coffee than SB can ever dream to have.  but we don't have the pumpkin spice latte.  {i am, however, working on changing this.  these boys LOVE to play scientist & come up with new drinks & syrups & ways to create drinks.  a PSL is right up their alley.}

blakey had a 24-hour call on sunday, so monday morning i headed to the SB to enjoy a delicious first cup of the year while he slept away.  oh, & i ran into my friends amy & ogden while reading at the SB.  I ran into people i KNOW in BIRMINGHAM.  that was so cool.  {& they are so cool too.}

{have i mentioned i am reading The Help?
it is a fabulous read.
i am not a huge fan of fiction, but i cannot put this book down.
consider putting it on your "to read" list.}

{my absurd order of the PSL @ SB:
grande, non-fat, no-whip, 3-pump, pumpkin spice latte.
really, i want to add "extra hot",
but that would just be overboard.}

{my favorite part of post call days}

after blakey woke up, he took me on a coke date!  sonic happy hour = a taste of home.  diet dr pepper & diet coke, easy ice.  of course, the t man joined.
{SEC?  are you kidding me??  you are an oklahoma company.}

oh, & tanky got a new toy this weekend.  it squeaks.  & that means he growls at it.  hilarious. {turn your volume up very loud.  that weird howling/water-running sound - that's tank.}


so much more to tell you about our weekend!  guess you'll have to come back later this week :)

love love,
kjp.

2 comments:

  1. Yay videos on your blog!

    Also, yay labor day weekend. Except I think the sunshine gave me a cold.

    I may boycott Sonic for such blasphemy. Seriously. HQ in OKC.
    Can't wait for my grande, non-fat, no whip, 2-pump, Pumpkin Spice Latte now. Please check-out my blog to see what I am drinking instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall, you mentioned the book "The Help" and guess what I spotted in my pile of books to read! Soooo, I'm taking it with me to Aspen next week. I luv the Pumpkin Spice Latte too! Can't wait to have one. Hope you guys are doing great! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete