Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a taste of fall.

fall is approaching & i am so excited!  {the autumnal equinox is tomorrow, which means: i win!  love you dad & julie.} in addition to the beautiful weather & cozy fall clothes {see my dear friend's post on her fall clothing lusts}, i am craving a bit of autumn flavors.

you already know about my LOVE for pumpkin spice lattes, but there are so many other things i am looking forward to.  pumpkin in pretty much anything:  pumpkin cranberry bread, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, pumpkin dip with gingersnaps, soup...



speaking of soups, despite my sister's belief that it doesn't count as a "favorite", soup is one of my favorite foods.  & fall brings such great possibilities:  new england clam chowder, french onion, tomato {with grilled cheese}, potato, cream of wild mushroom, did i mention pumpkin black bean??




how good does a pumpkin cookie from city bites sound right now?


 what about spaghetti squash & butternut squash & any other random vegetable my sister introduced to me in the fall?



& then i start thinking about thanksgiving.  greenbean casserole, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, tear-apart bread...  & pecan pie.  if you haven't had the opportunity to try julie & my rendition of our grandmother's pecan pie with a crunchy pecan topping & homemade whipped cream... then i am sad for you. 



{circa 2007}

what tastes of fall are you excited about?!

love love,
kjp.

3 comments:

  1. As I read this I am eating the last pumpkin nut muffin i brought home from Paradise Bakery in Aspen...one of my favorite things in the whole world! I always bring some home to extend the joy of Aspen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER!

    I love fall. And random vegetables. And hearty soups, like pumpkin black bean chili. And everything pumpkin. Including the most delicious beer: Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale

    Also, the autumnal equinox is on Thursday. Both you and dad are disqualified this round.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/seasons/autumnal-equniox

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry julie, kendall wins... autumnal equinox is thursday 3:09 am GMT or coordinated universal time per the above website, which is 10:09 pm wednesday nite central standard time in USA, or 11:09 pm for you on east coast :)

    ReplyDelete