Tuesday, September 14, 2010

tacos! tacos! tacos!


ok.  these were good.  seriously good.  blake's favorite thing i've made in awhile good.

but i'm not sure you can actually label this post as "recipe".  there was no starting recipe.  there was no measuring.  there wasn't even a ton of actual cooking.  yet it.was.so.good.


let's start with the outside:  i heated a few flour tortillas in my super awesome wedding gift tortilla warmer.  hard tortillas were another option, toasted in the oven.  a third option were chips to make a taco salad.

the beef:  as have almost all of my recipes began lately, i sautéed some onion until glistening beauty.  then added 1 lb of ground beef until brown.  then i added a packet of taco seasoning, of course, & some water.  heat away pretty beefy yummy-ness.


the veggies: i started by sautéing some more onions, julianne this time. added yellow bell peppers, orange bell peppers {these things are in the sweet category.  a nice change from red.}, & jalapenos!  evoo too.  oh wow.


the mushrooms: sliced mushrooms in a little red wine vinegar make anything more delicious.

the fixins: black beans with green chilies, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, sour cream, & cheddar cheese!  oh my, oh my.

my first taco looked like this:


blakey, no surprisingly, went with a lot of everything.  i wish i had taken a picture.  but we were too busy laughing at how unlikely it was for the taco to fold into a taco shape.  it was awesome.  

my second taco was a taco salad with a lot of veggies.  so many options!  i could've eaten a thousand.

more homemade mexican.  love it.

seriously though, share your mexican recipes.  we would love to try them.

love love,
kjp.

2 comments:

  1. Mexican food is one of my favorite things to cook! I'm always making burritos, tacos and fajitas. I make my tacos almost exactly the same way (minus mushrooms... I am NOT a fan of mushrooms) plus a couple cloves of garlic.

    Chris once told me to buy strip steak instead of skirt for fajitas... best mistake ever. You should try a fajita recipe with strip steak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake and I had the same issue in Arkansas and now in New York! No mexican food and the Mexican food thats available is gross! Our favorite is Pioneer Womans Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas! Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete