Tuesday, August 9, 2011

a lovely saturday afternoon at urban.

after blakey woke up from his post call nap on saturday, we headed over to urban to spend our afternoon off together.

one of my favorite people in birmy is leaving urban to learn even more about coffee at primavera.  primavera is the coffee roasting company in birmy that makes the amazing coffee we brew at urban.  they are a fantastic bunch.  so i'm happy for branden to head over there.  but i'll miss my birthday twin!

to send him off, the kitchen decided we needed to make a cake for him.  cheesecake is his favorite, so began my first attempt at cheesecake.  it actually wasn't bad!  {i am not the biggest cheesecake fan.  i am not the biggest creamy/no other texture fan, so that is actually a compliment coming from me.  believe it or not.}

there were quite a few urban employees on this particular saturday afternoon, so we all enjoyed our strawberry topped cheesecake with a little espresso together.  {if you haven't had espresso while eating cheesecake, try it.  an amazing combination.  1 + 1 = 15 million, here.}


after our dessert, blakey & i shared a nice glass {or bottle} of pinot on the patio together.  a lovely date with my husband.



{blakey LOVES his ipad.
he is taking a picture of a fly...with his ipad.
no idea why.
but he loves it.}

tomorrow i will tell you all about our phenomenal dinner date.  oh, it was so good.

& congrats to you, branden!

love love,
kjp.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kendall. I'm gonna miss you guys like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been known to serve wine out of mason jars... :D I feel like you would understand. You can take the girl out of Oklahoma, but you can't take the Oklahoma out of the girl!

    I LOVE that he's taking a picture of a fly. I don't know why I think it's so funny, but I'm giggling.
    thanks for sharking.

    ReplyDelete