Tuesday, October 5, 2010

this week's menu.

my husband works really hard.  & he has {we have} a huge love for food.  since he started residency, i have tried to make a few homemade meals each week for my love.  fast forward to pastry school starting & this task is a little more difficult.

my idea is to make two or three or four meals at the beginning of the week, so blakey has something {hopefully delicious} to eat for lunch & dinner all week.  monday was my day off, so week 1 is a success!


{your menu for the week, my dear:

1. chicken spaghetti: red casserole dish.  heat individual portions in oven or microwave.
2. bean, cheese, beef, & rice burritos: heat individually in microwave.  add sour cream, hot sauce, salsa as you please.
3. turkey, salami, & pepper jack sandwiches: individually wrapped on bottom shelves.  add mustard, tomato, jalapeno, banana peppers...as you please.

love you!
kjp}

ps the burrito recipe is, shockingly, from the pioneer woman.  a super easy, super manly dish.

OVERVIEW OF MY FIRST DAY:
I. oh.my.gosh, i am back in school
     A. i have a school bag & text books
     B. i will be purchasing the following school supplies
          1. a 3-ring binder
          2. notebook paper
          3. 4x6 notecards
     C. i have homework
     D. syllabus day {still} kind of freaks me out
II. once i get over the initial shock of syllabus day, i think this is going to be awesome.
III. my name is no longer at the beginning of the attendance sheet.  more like 16/26 of the way through.
IV. our chef instructor said to text him if we are running late.  that is so cool.

love love,
kjp.

4 comments:

  1. you are such a good wife!! i can never get a weekly menu together, you're motivating me!

    living vicariously through your pastry school experience, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you mail me vegitarian versions of your weekly meals? I'm sure you can get dry ice from your food service hook-ups.

    Thanks,

    your sister who eats take out for most of the week and has the worst kitchen ever so dishes are really miserable to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blake is one lucky little hubby to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are constantly amazing me! I'm super impressed:-)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete