Monday, October 25, 2010

pumpkin love.


 i love pumpkin.

& sunday was full of all things pumpkin.

vanilla + pumpkin latte, pumpkin ale, pumpkin dip, roasted pumpkin seeds, & pumpkin carving.  
a little overboard?  yes.  a wonderful fall day?  absolutely.  

first, how neat is the boxer pumpkin??  {if i do say so myself.}  amy found super cool puppy stencils here.  my first pumpkin carving experience without julie byrd doing all of the hard work {i am so a little sister.  miss you, julie byrd.}  it was tough but so much fun!

 {scraping out the yucky gooey stuff is my favorite part}

 {the 4 seconds of non-play time all afternoon}

 {after scooping, "trace" the stencil with a little pin}

{can you see the tanky face?}

{carving away}
{amy + lola belle + lola's pumpkin!}

{my pumpkins!}

of course, with pumpkin carving comes pumpkin seed toasting.  we always make savory pumpkin seeds.  but our chef at urban said he loves sweet pumpkin seeds.  sounds fabulous to me!  

savory batch is butter + worcestershire + seasoned salt.  
sweet batch is butter + sugar + cinnamon + pumpkin spice + more sugar + more cinnamon.


 {both are super delish.
two kinds every year from now on.}

happy fall.  happy monday.  happy you.

love love,
kjp.

4 comments:

  1. Haha I love it. I miss me some Tank. Is it lazy if i just glue on a picture instead???

    ReplyDelete
  2. A of all: There is never too much pumpkin

    B of all: I am so proud of you! Carving a pumpkin all by yourself. I will admit, I am not carving a pumpkin this year specifically because I do not want to scoop out the innards. That's your job :) I am going to very much be disappointed without freshly roasted pumpkin seeds this year.

    C of all: this might explain part of our relationship:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/26/health/26essay.html?src=un&feedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjson8.nytimes.com%2Fpages%2Fhealth%2Findex.jsonp

    ReplyDelete
  3. found another delicious thing that it pumpkin. Imagine these served with whipped maple butter:
    http://tickledred.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/pumpkin-beignets/

    ReplyDelete