Thursday, February 28, 2013

thankful thursday - your birthday wishes.


oh my goodness, y'all know how to make a girl feel incredibly special.  from the phone calls & texts & facebook messages & instagram posts to the flowers & cards & gifts & banners...  i feel so loved!  seriously, you all are the best.

i woke up to my favorite picture of my sister & me as a birthday wish...


& then i arrived at work before "bright & early" to see amazing birthday decorations of "happy birthday" banners all over the kitchen & oven & refrigerators, bright orange flowers, & a beautiful note.  miss marygrace, you are truly the kindest person i know.  thank you for bringing so much joy to my birthday!



my super sweet husband stopped by urban to bring me a bouquet of beautiful & bright flowers!  he is so wonderful.


& then i received another bouquet of gorgeous pink & white flowers from the donatiellos!  THREE bouquets in one day!  that's incredible!  happiest girl in the world here, my friends.  happiest girl in the world.


after a fun afternoon with my husband, we decided it was time to open the cards & gifts i have been receiving over the past week or so!  lucky for me, my adorable nephew wanted to be in on the action, so we video chatted with malcolm & julie!




my super cute mother-in-law played a fun game of "how many ways can i tell kendall 'happy birthday!' this year??"  it.was.awesome.  phone call, voicemail, text, email, facebook, a note at work, a card, & the greatest of them all - she called ahead to the restaurant we went to that evening & ordered banana pudding for me!  she even convinced the fella to announce it to the whole restaurant.  priceless!



mrs holmes went all out this year for my birthday too!  in addition to the tanky + finley = love theme, she sent the most amazing fuchsia themed gifts.  hot pink pencils with "love, the porters" engraved on them!  hot pink & gold washi tape.  pink cardstock labels.  black & white twine.  & a fantastic "love, the porters" stamp!  & she even had little bags with ideas of how to use each item.




our birthday evening ended with a couple of beers, the best wings, & delicious nachos at moe's bbq with our church small group.  a fabulous fabulous birthday.  & we still have more celebrations to come!  i love birthdays.  especially because you all make them so darn special.

i hope you can think of something today for which you are thankful.

love love,
kjp.

1 comment: