Thursday, January 31, 2013

thankful thursday - here i am, Lord. send me.

{source:  god0fthiscity}

i thought & thought & thought & prayed & prayed & prayed about my new year's resolution this year.  usually, there is something tugging on my heart that is clearly going to be my resolution.  this year there just wasn't something shouting at me.

{have i mentioned my new realization that sometimes, oftentimes i need to be shouted at for me to get the picture?  it's a strange self-awareness.  but it certainly makes me understand myself better.}

during all of this thinking & praying, this verse kept coming to me:

then i heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"whom shall I send? & who will go for us?"
& i said, "here am i.  send me!"
-isaiah 6:8

honestly, i was quite scared to actually say this was my resolution.  "send me".  that's a big statement.  

we have quite the big decision/discovery this year - blakey will interview for fellowship positions & match & thus find out where we will be living for the next three years beginning june 2014.  

but alas, i knew i had to listen.  & anytime i think i know what i'm praying for, i later learn God has something else completely in mind.  so, here i am, Lord, send me.

& now that i've posted it, i have to follow through.  i'll let you know how it goes...

i hope you can think of something today for which you are thankful.

love love,
kjp.

No comments:

Post a Comment