Friday, December 14, 2012

yummy little things.


christmas time means lots of christmasy {or at least wintery} goodies!  i made these joy vanilla sugar cookies with royal icing yesterday.  royal icing - so awesome because it dries hard & you can stack the cookies.  genius.


my friend, elyse, made these amazing banana nut bread brownies with brown butter frosting for her husband's birthday a few weeks back.  they are seriously good.  i ate two.  & i don't eat that many sweets.  so good.


christmasy to me means caramel & chocolate.  so i made some sea salted caramel brownies.  they were super gooey & a little salty & a little {ok, a lot} sweet.  yummmm.


a friend at work loves a bakery in atlanta's vanilla bean shortbread cookies, so she asked if i would try making them.  success!  next time i'll add a little more vanilla bean.  but they were a great crumbly but somehow still moist texture.


fun fact friday: i am really picky {shocker} about how i place my treats in my bake case.  the top is always a specific order of cupcakes.  & the bottom is my other goods.  muffins go far left.  then scones. & then my other items must have an order - i usually try to separate similar colors & similar items.  but after explaining my obsessiveness to my fellow colleagues, they said they think similar items should go together.  i'll consider that change to my order...

happy friday!

love love,
kjp.

No comments:

Post a Comment