Thursday, May 26, 2011

thankful thursday # 20.

so many tornadoes lately!! 

on tuesday, my fb newsfeed was full of tornado talk again.  this time in my home state of oklahoma.  i learned you can get the live stream of our favorite weather man on earth, gary england.  so i jumped on that opportunity to hear & see the man in action {val castor, doppler radar, take shelter, & my new favorite: your helmet}.  it was marvelous.

but i quickly learned one tornado was just to the west of my mom!  so i text her & found out they had lost electricity & were in their hall closet.  {middle of the house, lowest lever, no windows.  obviously.}  i kept her up to date with news from gary.  the tornado went north of her, so she was safe to exit the closet.

{julie, me, & mom.
i got to chat with julie about gary during the storm too.}

but that meant it was headed straight for my dad's house.  since he was ignoring my texts, i text my stepmom, who kindly informed me they were home & safe.  dad started responding when i made fun of him to his wife {haha} &, being the stubborn man that he is, said they were fine.  {fine: both men in my life LOVE that word.}  the tornado was on the street his neighborhood is off of, about 3 miles west.  crazy!  but they were, in fact, fine.

{daddy byrd}

one of my dear friends, nora, was at her parents' house in norman through these shenanigans too.  nora loves crazy weather.  she text me during the alabama storms & said she had been keeping up with the weather channel all day.  she got a crazy storm of her own!  i was happy to get to chat with her & that she and the fam were safe.

 {norella}

another love of mine, miss armstrong, lives in okc, which was in the middle of the mess too.  so we, as per our norm, chatted through facebook.  i am happy to say she & her adorable puppy are just fine too.

{i was going with a rehearsal dinner pic theme.
armstrong is a super important person for the thunder & had to miss the event.
this was my ode to her.}

 {but here is an actual picture of her.
from the bachelorette party.
looking like the rockstar she is.}

i am thankful you all & so many of our friends & our home town are ok!  prayers to those who lost so much through these tornadoes. 

i hope you can think of something for which you are thankful today!

love love,
kjp.

1 comment:

  1. hahahah oh my goodness that picture. scary.

    thanks for checkin in on us. luckily the most we got was heavy rain/storm. there have been way too many fatal tornadoes and scares recently though. please continue to say BIG prayers for those in joplin too... tyler's gf brooke is from there and that city lost everything. everything. it's devastating.

    love you love you friend!

    ReplyDelete