Thursday, May 5, 2011

thankful thursday # 17.

blakey & i have both been super busy with work this week.  at least one of us has been asleep by 8 o'clock each night.  {party.animals.}  & we've both been out of the house by 6 o'clock each morning.  {ok, blakey = 4.  me = 6.  he wins.}

while running around crazy busy at work today, i stopped for a brief second to remind myself: at least i'm not sitting at a desk.

when i worked at my last job & someone would ask what i did for a living, my answer would often be "i sit.  i sit for a living."  it was probably my biggest complaint about my job.  i am just not a sitter.


so now that i stand for a living, stand for 45 hours a week, on concrete, i remember to be thankful.  even when my feet are killing me because i refuse to wear ugly shoes {i am still slightly stylish, after all}.  even when customers are driving me crazy {what, i am in the service industry & you want something from me?  you're insane.}  even when my brain is numb & i cannot comprehend how much change you need or even how to make ganache... i am thankful.

i could not love my job more.  & that makes me so very blessed.

i hope you think of something for which you are thankful today :)

love love,
kjp.

1 comment: