Wednesday, April 13, 2011

wedding wednesday # 32: the invite.


 our wedding invitations were so near & dear to my heart.  

from the beginning, i knew i wanted them to be in my handwriting.  i wanted to see the words "announce the marriage of" & our names in my handwriting.  the same as i had doodled it since we got engaged.  {ok, maybe earlier.  maybe :)} 

so i wrote it over & over & over... & over & over & over...

& then i got graph paper & practiced it over & over & over...  


with a little help from cari suggesting how to actually get it accomplished & from ben brilliantly noticing my first attempt's miss of the word "to" {before printing, thank God!}, they came out perfectly us.

 {the invite}

 {the reply card}

{the fancy doily inner envelope - 
martha's idea!}


so, brides, whatever that big thing is you want to do for your wedding but have no idea how to do it & know it is a little off - do it.  dream big.  & you'll be so happy.

love love,
kjp.

5 comments:

  1. So fun to see yours again, today, as beau & cara's are sitting in front of me ready to be addressed! As with every other detail of your wedding, your invitations were personal, special & darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handwriting is AMAZING Kendall. We got a card from you while I was visiting the parents in Iowa and I thought it was a typed font!

    Tell Blake his cousin says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I feel like your handwriting has always been an art form - even when we were kids. And I think you should totally create your own font :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you all are great. thank you so much!! making my own font is a goal of mine... it just needs to move up the to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat personal touch!! Love your handwriting!!

    ReplyDelete