Thursday, October 31, 2013

thankful thursday - a carbon leaf date.


this week, blakey & i got to see "our band" in concert!!  blakey introduced me to carbon leaf in college when he decided i needed to learn more about music.  because, confession, i know pretty much nothing about music.


{the first album he gave me was the rolling stones.  yes, i had heard of them, but i couldn't have named a single song.  turns out - i don't love the stones.  i know i know.  you think i am wrong.  & that's ok.  but i still don't really like them.}


carbon leaf was his second attempt.  & it was a huge success!  i listened to "life less ordinary" & "what about everything?" every single morning on my way to my internship in the summer of 2006.  every single morning.  & carbon leaf will forever remind me of that summer & my love.  


fabulous show.  fabulous memories.  fabulous date night with the byrds.  

i hope you can think of something today for which you are thankful.

love love,
kjp.

No comments:

Post a Comment