Thursday, August 22, 2013

thankful thursday - I didn't ask you...


like most women i know, i am hard on myself.  little mistakes play in my mind over & over, thinking about what i should've done differently.  so on a day i was disappointed in myself for an unkind spoken word, these words by shauna niequist in cold tangerines were very appreciated & timely:

in my best moments, when i calm down & listen closely, God says,
"I didn't ask you to become new & improved today.
that wasn't the goal.
you were broken down & strange yesterday, & you still are today,
& the only one freaked out about it is you."

i think it is important to point out i do believe God calls us to better ourselves, to become the best version of ourselves.  but some days maybe, just maybe, doing your best, not your better, is enough.  

for a timely & encouraging word, i am thankful.

i hope you can think of something today for which you are thankful.

love love,
kjp.

No comments:

Post a Comment