Thursday, October 6, 2011

thankful thursday # 35.


it is ou/texas week!!!!!!!!!!

& that, my friends, is one of the 3 best weeks of the year.

{in case you are curious:
# 1: christmas.
# 2: my birthday.
# 3: ou/texas.}

this is my first year to not be at ou/texas since i was a sophomore in high school.  to date myself, that was TWELVE years ago.  i cannot believe i am missing it.  

but we are going to celebrate the weekend, birmingham style.  & that means a party!!!  kegs & eggs.  love it. 

{although, by "kegs" we mean a couple different jugs of draft beer.  & by "eggs" we mean pulled pork breakfast tacos.  it's a loose interpretation.  go with it.  it will be fabulous.}

our friends are coming over to join in the fun.  even our longhorn friends.  we are such kind people :)

so to all of you going to the most wonderful game of the year, please eat a fletcher's corndog for me,  go look at the big cows in honor of my dad & the cars to get your red bead necklace, break out into "boomer sooner!" as much as you can, scream your heart out for all 4 hours, & make sure we win that ball game.

our birmingham style ou/texas is going to be a super fun experience all our own.  & any new experience with my husband makes me thankful.

i hope you can think of something for which you are thankful today.

& boomer sooner.  texas sucks.

love love,
kjp.

No comments:

Post a Comment