Thursday, December 1, 2011

thankful thursday # 43.

i am so thankful for everyone who has taught me how to cook.

my mom.  my sister.  my dad.  ruth.  my grandma.  everyone at work.  everyone at school.  the pioneer woman.  tons & tons of blogs out there.  the food network.  amy & ogden.  miss nebbia...

it is so much fun to learn about something & actually get a bit better at it.  especially when it is something you really love.

& after pastry school & baking almost daily for over a year now, i am certain that the best way to learn how to cook is to do it a lot & make mistakes & pick up tips from those around you.

i made a huge batch of salsa last night for a dinner we are hosting tonight & it is really bitter.  i have full confidence after talking to my chef & stalking the internet, i can salvage it.

& i am making my umpteenth pioneer woman pulled pork for the dinner too.  some have been better than others but i am learning that part of it has to do with the quality of the meat but part of it is the amount of salt i put on the pork first to break down the proteins & make it tender.

that is so cool.

so thank you all who have made me a better cook.  & thank you all who cheer me on to keep cooking.  it is a lot of fun.

i hope you can think of something today for which you are thankful.

love love,
kjp.

No comments:

Post a Comment